2015年5月21日星期四

Week 11. Group presentation and feedback(Remuneration)

Group presentation 11: Remuneration

Key notes:

What is Remuneration?



  • "Fuck you" video 
  • Is it as difficult to understand as it is to pronounce
  • How much are you worth? what is your value proposition?


Remuneration work in the real world


  • "What do I have to pay for" vs "what do I want my remuneration package to say"
  • Successful remuneration package
  • Dollar per hour 
  • Non monetary remuneration
  • Direct remuneration
  • Indirect remuneration 



The employer:contractors (unsw)  
The employees: student(us/student)


Remuneration as a student
  • Experience is key!
  • 23.8% of UNSW FBE job seeker rate
  • $53.27 per hour for graduating student


How do I add value to myself?


  • Partake in study tours
  • General Education
  • Quality subject selection
  • Outstanding marks
  • Networking
  • Peer to peer competition
  • Extra curricular projects
  • Esteem work
  • Internships


What do I add value to myself?
  • 35%(first year), and increase every year, maximum 95%


How do I move forward?
  • Drawings
  • Co-ordinate documentation
  • Site conditions
  • Codes,regulations and legislation
  • Project evaluations,programs and feasibility studies
  • Consultants,contractors and suppliers
  • Project contract 

Feedback:
  • Good explanation and clear understanding for the topic
  • Have video and which is a good video
  • Good examples for different jobs
  • Clear and fluent voice during the presentation

Improvement points:
  • Powerful start but weak when present
  • Should talk about own project
  • Self employ scenario missed
  • Should use more images to make the presentation more vivid


    After presentation comments:
    • There are only 2 members in their team to present the topic. And I learned a lot information from this presentation like how could I value myself,etc.


      How about our group for Remuneration :

      For our group, we still study the course and there is no-one employed by any architect or design company right now. So we dont have any experience at the moment.

      This week programs:

      My part is already done for the group project, and Elliott already done with the coding part. Then we just wait Verdan to finish off the modeling truck and Peter will building the actual model and put everything together.So what I'm doing at the moment is helping to documenting the Wiki Blog for group.


      没有评论:

      发表评论